The pages of this book came to me in bits and pieces and without a cover. The family dog tore it up, and this dog, apparently, only likes to eat the Russian books in the house. We think it might have something to do with Russian glue but only the dog can know for sure.
Although one out of four of the signatures came out unscathed, the other three sections of the paper all needed extensive page mends and filling. Since I don’t read Russian, the client helped me match the pieces of her mother’s book together, and I repaired the tears and holes using Japanese tissues and paste. The original cover (missing) was in red leather so we tried to create a new cover in a similar red.